[TowerTalk] Half Square

L. B. Cebik cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 20:53:02 -0500 (EST)

To all who sent me notes, my thanks, especially those reminding me that
Ben Vester, K3BC, was the first to report this antenna in QST in the
1970s.  Also appreciate the added info sent by others.

Do not ignore the VHF potential of the antenna, where pointing up or down
makes no difference:  excellent vertically polarized bi-directional
antenna with more gain than any other simple antenna (i.e.,
non-parasitical beam) and excellent side nulls (-30 dB from main lobes).

Working on getting an extra 2 dB from the antenna in all uses--VHF and HF.

-73-

LB, W4RNL