Sources for fiberglass spreaders?

Rob Frohne frohro@wwc.edu
Wed, 1 Jan 1997 11:57:23 -0800 (PST)

Greetings Friends,

Last night we had one of the biggest blows I've experienced here in
southeastern Washington State.  My four element five band quad didn't
do so well.  There are three broken spreaders this morning.  While
I'm procrastinating about taking it down, Ithought I'd do a little
research on replacements.  The ones I have are the Cubex tapered
spreaders.  I can get repalcements for $29.95 each plus shipping from
Cubex.  As always happens, though, when my antennas don't survive I
think about bigger and stronger ones.  I saw a note recently about
Skypole vaulting poles.  I'll call them after the holiday.  Are there
any other sources of spreaders?  I'm also tempted by to add 30 and 40
meters so 18' or 26' poles are tempting me.

Thanks,

Rob KL7NA/W7