TS-870 Ques.

force12@interserv.com force12@interserv.com
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 13:06:28 -0800

Saw the interesting info regarding the TS-850 separate receive antenna and it
looks like a great solution to that problem. Lot of good ideas.
	So, off to work on the 850.

Now, the TS-870...maybe you folks have the solution:
have already received some chip resistors from Kenwood to reduce the gain of 2
or 3 of the IF stages for its front end overload / intermod situation. I then
heard of another field mod (not from Kenwood) to install a roofing filter
between two of the IF stages. I believe it was actually a Yaesu filter that was
used.

Anyone know about this? Once I dig in it to install the chip resistors, I might
as well do the filter.

Thanks - now if I could actually see the chip resistors.....
	73, Tom, N6BT