Insurance

ND8L@aol.com ND8L@aol.com
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 08:08:18 -0500 (EST)

<< Subj:	Insurance
 Date:	97-01-18 07:57:27 EST
 From:	n4cc@ezl.com (Greg)
 Sender:	owner-towertalk@akorn.net
 To:	towertalk@contesting.com

 Here's what I did when I wanted to be insured on the towers, etc.... When
 the xyl and I first moved in, I went to the State Farm agent and told her I
 had this ham radio station that I wanted to insure....and oh, by the
 way...there is a house around it...

 She has never forgotten that.  She has been to the house and seen it and the
 towers and I have never had a problem with a claim.  By the way...I ALWAYS
 try to be absolutely fair with the insurance company when there is a claim.
 I don't try to get more than is deserved -- even though that seems to be a
 very popular tactic.  It is amazing to me that people who wouldn't dream of
 shoplifting from a store think it is OK to steal from an insurance company.
 If you aren't fair just as a matter of personal ethics, then at least
 understand that rates depend on claims -- so don't make rates go up by
 exaggerating claims.  Some of us who appreciate getting reasonable insurance
 for our ham stations don't want to see that disappear because of too many
 outlandish claims.  Am I preaching to the choir?  73 de Greg-N4CC

  >>Hi Greg...

I hope you don't mind my copying your message to the reflector.  If'n I had
an
agency full of honorable gentlemen like you...I'd be one happy guy.  If you
ever move to Ohio...call me.

Your point about honesty is well taken.  Someone far wiser than I once said,
"It's easy to be honest when the spotlight is on you...the truly honest man
is honest when no one is looking."

Sorry for the bandwidth guys...I just wanted to share Greg's message wit
yous.

By the way...opinions expressed in the previous post do not reflect those of
the staff, management, agency force or anybody else at the State Farm
Insurance Companies.  They represent only my own opinions and those of my
guiding light through times of turmoil and trouble, confusion and
controversy, Dr. Bafoofnik.

May all of your claims be under the deductible :-)

Ray