[TowerTalk] Re: True North

Vasili Maslyukov vasmas@ham.isu.runnet.ru
Thu, 3 Jul 97 07:28:33 +0900

Hi gang,
With me at any new place I come I find a true North at night time.
I use two poles. One I fix and another one I place 10'...15' apart
in draft direction to the Polar star. Then come to the first one and
if I have a helper ask him to move the second pole around for getting
direct line to the Polar star. If I am alone then I make it myself
with several itterations. Next day at the day time I get what I wanted
to know. I believe the prcision is plus minus 1 degree.
This method suits me well.

73 to all
UA0SN

Vasili
---
    UA0SN         Tel:+7(3952)31 9181  E-mail: vasmas@HAM.isu.runnet.ru
Vasili MASLYUKOV  P.O.Box 323, Irkutsk, 664050, Russia
NorCal #750     JCC600 #6     Grid: oo22di    Local time: GMT + 8

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm