[TowerTalk] wire antennas (RF resistance)

Pete Soper psoper@donedeal.encore.com
Fri, 04 Jul 1997 19:11:15 -0400

Hi Jim,

You wrote:

>Well,  you guys were trying to frieghtn me,  weren't you?
>All this talk of lower efficiency and losses in long
>wire antenna runs.  And here I am now,  as of yesterday,

	I suggest you try Dean Straw's "TL" program included with the ARRL
handbook the past couple of years. There is an older version at the ARRL
download site. This is a great tool for calculating feedline loss and
designing custom networks for tuning. And by now you've read LB's msg so
with a little integral calculus you can calculate the loss in your antenna
elements too. (big big :-) of course)

Regards,
Pete KS4XG

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm