[TowerTalk] Calculating Wind Loads

jcain@kodak.com jcain@kodak.com
Mon, 14 Jul 97 17:00:11 EDT

Hi, Jim Cain, new to the list here, and with a few questions on designing
	for wind loads....

1.  Is there a preferred technique for calculating the pressure on a
	structure from wind loads?  I have pulled a few wind engineering
	texts and just wondered if there is a more direct or preferred
	technique ?

2.  I have seen the map of the US with wind velocities posted on it.
	Is there a better way to convert from wind velocity to wind
	pressure, than using Bernoulli's equation?  What method would
	you suggest ?

3.  Any advice on accounting for lattice work structures vs. solid
	surface structures would also be appreciate.  Basically I am
	just trying to come up to speed on this whole wind load
	thing.  You can post directly to me at:  jcain@kodak.com
	or to the list.

thanks, jim