[TowerTalk] Emoto rotor in Rohn 25G

Stan Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 23:28:49 -0700 (PDT)

>John, I'm really glad you brought this subject up. It will likely save me a
>bunch of grief. I recently purchased a used Rohn 25G tower that I took down
>& brought home. I then took down my old tower, a 35 ft unit of unknown
>origin. I had just assumed that my rotor would fit into the 25G as it had
>on the old tower, but after seeing your posting, I went and checked. The
>only place I could fit the rotor in was at the top of the top section. I
>had before, mounted the rotor down about 12 ft from the top of the tower &
>used 1.75" fence railing as a mast & telescoped a ten foot section of TV
>masting inside of that for small VHF/UHF antennas.
>
>        I could mount the rotor between sections as I'm assembling the
>tower, but it would be a big mess if I ever had to repair or replace the
>rotor. I was also planning on leaving the mast down inside of the bottom
>sections of tower, then raising the mast up inside to the top once the
>sections and guys were in place.

>Dave    N0KM

Dave,

I have two Tailtwisters mounted between the top section and the one below it
on two different 25G towers as you describe.  I cut one of the bottom
horizontals out of both top sections so I can get the rotators in and out.
Both of these towers have been in continuous service since 1973 without a
problem.  One holds up a 3 element 20 meter Telrex (20 foot boom) ten feet
above a 3 element 40 meter HyGain shorty and the other holds up a 5 element
10 meter Wilson above a 6 element 15 meter Wilson on a 32 foot boom.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com