[TowerTalk] Re: Antenna analyzers

Steve Zettel zettel@libby.org
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 07:40:10 -0600 (MDT)

One thing that seems to help with this problem is to use a "bead balun" at
the input to the Autek and MFJ units. This at least seems to prevent
induced currents on the outside of the coax shield from making it into the
circuitry, I haven't tested this in a really strong RF field, though, like
a repeater site.

Regarding erroneous readings with the Autek at low battery voltages, I
have found that on my RF analyzer a good indication of battery
condition can be found by switching it to the highest frequency range and
observing the LCD readout for several moments. If the LCD display appears
to be fading, it's time for a fresh battery.

For what it's worth,

Steve Zettel  KJ7CH
Libby, MT  USA