[TowerTalk] Silicone Grease; where can I get it, how do I use it.

Del Seay seay@Alaska.NET
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 14:24:16 -0700

SFrakes@aol.com wrote:

> I've heard of silicone grease, but have called at least 10-15 places
> (hardware stores, electrical shops, etc.) and can't find plain silicone
> grease.
>
> In addition, how/where is this to be applied on a PL-259 connector for
> corrosion and waterproofing?  Please be specific.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Scott Frakes
> KB9PRG

It's not supposed to be used on PL-259s, Scott.

The manufacturers provide a small dab of silicon grease with
any connector that has an 'O-Ring' or other rubber type seals.
It allows the seal to remain in it's proper shape and position
until the connector is tightened down.
Contrary to popular belief - it was never supposed to be a
moisture barrier.
73 de KL7HF