[TowerTalk] Re: wet coax, teflon tubing and feedthroughs

Ward Silver hwardsil@WOLFENET.com
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:06:51 -0700 (PDT)

> Thanks for the input. The only ceramic feedthrough sources mentioned apart
> from Amidon are Davis RF (too large) and Surplus Sales of Nebraska (size
> unknown). Model airplane suppliers sell special "fuel proof" plastic tubing
> but it is something other than teflon and the wall thickness is way off.
> Lab supply houses sell teflon tubing but if you can convince them you aren't
> building a bomb or making drugs their sales terms for hobby people tend to be
> discouraging.
>
> KS4XG

Talk to the plastics supply shops in your area and ask about scrap pieces
of tubing.  Cadillac Plastics is a good shop out here, and I believe
they're franchised around the US.  Regardless, there should be a number of
plastics purveyors in your area to talk to.

73, Ward N0AX