[TowerTalk] Is this tube strong enough ?

Angel M. Claus ea7wa@arrakis.es
Mon, 02 Jun 1997 15:15:21

Dear Towertalkians, here is another question about pipes

I've got a 20 feet long pipe tube, 1.90 OD, .200 wall and would like to know
if it is strong enough to support what I'm going to put up there.

The tower is 52 feet long, guyed in 3 points, 18, 39 and 52 feet. My qth is
a 70 MPH maximum winds area.
>From the rotor place to towers end there are 3.94 feet, immediately will be a
KT-34XA, and 12.47 feet above the 6 el, I'll place a 40-2CD, so there will be
abt 15.75 feet of the tube on the air with these two antennas.

Do you think it is OK ?, or should I have to look for something stronger ?
My dealer does not know to tell me the psi of the tube, only told me it is
a sch 80
and the ASTM is A-106. Maybe some of you could tell me the psi of this pipe ?.
Not to easy to find tubes in my city, so I pray for this one to be the
adequate, hi ¡

73 de Angel, EA7WA & EA7CEZ

Email:  ea7wa@arrakis.es
Ax25 :  ea7wa@ea7urc.eaco.esp.eu