[TowerTalk] Rotators

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 13:55:57 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 97-06-03 13:35:53 EDT, ftbrady@cosmoslink.net (Frank T.
Brady) writes:

> My next problem is to find a rotator -- does anyone have a source?  My
>  antenna is a 250 pound quad with 26 sq. ft. of load.  From what I've read
so
>  far, the rotator will cost me more than the tower if I don't find a prop
>  pitch motor or an used heavy duty ham rotator.

       The two rotators that I would recommend would be the M2 Orion 2800 and
a prop pitch. The 2800 has a worm gear drive system, big gears, a splined
output shaft and the best mast clamp in the business. It's available from
various M2 dealers including TOWER TECH. No one stocks them so be prepared to
wait several weeks to get one.

     The prop pitch is THE best rotator available to hams. Glenn, K6NA, of
Aztec RF has the complete setup ready to go for about $1800.00. TOWER TECH
has prop pitches for $595.00. With the prop pitch, you'll need a power supply
(28 VDC) and indicator system (selsyns are the most common method). You'll
need to adapt the tower rotator shelf, provide a mast clamping fixture as
well as come up with a method for mounting the selsyns but this is pretty
straightforward.

73,  Steve   K7LXC

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm