[TowerTalk] HF remote controlled stations

hamradio hamradio@emerald.oz.net
Tue, 03 Jun 1997 22:16:57 -0700

I have used the Hamlink, too.  Although its not going to make it in
a contest situation, its fun to use and works pretty well.  It has the
capability to operate some remote relays, such as for switching
antennas, turning on an amp (or the transceiver for that matter), etc.
AEA was going to develop a voice synthesized system for reading back
beam headings from a rotator but I don't think that ever happened.
     I use mine from the office at lunch.  CW is a bit more subtle than
calling CQ CQ into the phone as others nearby try to figure out what the
heck you are doing.  Come to think of it, it looks pretty strange to
people when you're pounding away on the star key on the telephone
touchtone pad sending CW, too.

de Randy, W7HR  <hamradio@emerald.oz.net>

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm