[TowerTalk] Switching 450 ohm twinlead?

Jim Reid jreid@aloha.net
Fri, 06 Jun 1997 15:24:26 -1000

At 06:42 PM 6/6/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Speaking of 450 ohm open wire, what is the best way to get
>the wire into the shack? The flexible strip under the window
>doesn't get it any more.
>Bill W5EC

Aloha Bill,  Here in Hawaii,  most homes come with "jalousie"
windows.  Each section is made up of five long,  narrow panes of
glass which tilt open/close.  For me it is very easy:  slit in the
plastic screen,  then between a couple of the panes and on to
my Johnson Matchbox balanced tuner.  Hope to have the three+
V-beams,  a-la Floyd Colvin's set up (August 1956 QST) up
in about three weeks.  Then we'll see what happens!

73,  Jim, KH7M
On the Garden Island of Kauai

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm