[TowerTalk] 160 mtr antenna

Jim Vining kc8pg@tir.com
Sat, 7 Jun 1997 18:42:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hello TowerTalkians;

	I have not been active on the bands lately because I moved at Christmas
time and have
not had a chance to get my antenna's back up yet. Now with gud wx finally
getting here and most
of the new yard work started , I am starting to think abt what the new
system will be.
	The one antenna I am having questions abt is for 160 mtrs. I will be
putting up a full size
vertical with Rohn 25 and Philistran, but this is the question:

Do I ground the base and gamma match the feed ?

Do I ground the base and Uni-pole feed the tower ?

Do I use the G-10 insulating material I have and insulate the base and
direct feed the tower ?

	My plane for any of these methods is to use buried radials and the tower
will support
a 4-square for 80 mtrs around it. There is a possibility that I could get
away with elevated
radials, but I am not sure abt this yet.

	Any input wud be greatly appreciated !!!!!

Tnx's         Jim      KC8PG

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm