[TowerTalk] Antenna tuner recommendations

morel grunberg morel@shani.net
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 23:04:35 +-300

Doug,

If you''ll check the Product review in the march or april issue
of QST you'll find a full answer to your question. Dissapointing
too, if you need a real 1500W on low bands with hi-swr antennas.
The only one complying to your power requirements is the N4XM
tuner. It costs about $1200, it's uggly and has also some problems
when used on high bands, but it's real heavy duty. After you"ll
read the Product review you'll understand that, if unless you are a
homebrewer with some real heavy duty RF components in your junk
box ( roller inductor, HV variable capacitors and massive switches )
you better invest more efforts into lowering your antennas SWR.
You'll find also a Nye Viking tuner at about $700, less efficient than
N4XM stuff.

73 de Morel, 4X1AD