[TowerTalk] Source for Radial Wire?

Barry Kutner w2up@bellatlantic.net
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 12:42:43 +0000

On 11 Jun 97, \ <dick.green@valley.net> wrote:

> Hi. I need a good source for radial wire for a 40M 4-square that I'm
> building.
>
> I need about a mile (5,000 feet) of suitable 18 gauge wire. In the past,
> I've used uninsulated tinned wire (I'm open to alternate suggestions here.)
> I also need a few hundred feet of heavier gauge wire for bus bars.
>
> Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.
>
> 73, Dick, WC1M

I use 17 ga galvanized (electric fence) wire for my Beverages. Works
fine, and it's cheap - about $13.00 per 1/2 mile at Agway. Should
work for radials too.

--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@bellatlantic.net
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm