[TowerTalk] Soliciting Yagi comments

L. B. Cebik cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 06:43:15 -0400 (EDT)

Frank,

This is an opinion, because I have not modeled the Mosely antennas.
However, their gain claims have been overzealous for the last 25 years or
so, and reports I have received from a number of people strongly suggest
that KLM, HyGain, and Force12 will do better.  Moreover, their trap
assemblies are quite heavy in their tri-band models, resulting in a
heavier antenna without necessarily improving structural or performance
properties.

As straightforward designs with good weight vs. performance ratios (a
judgment that cannot quite be quantified), my best guess is Force12 or
HyGain antennas.  I have modeled several of each, although not the ones in
question, and both live up to specifications on what they sell.

Hope this is useful, but remember, it is only an opinion.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    (Off)(423) 974-7215
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---     (Hm) (423) 938-6335
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /      (FAX)(423) 974-3509
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||              cebik@utk.edu

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm