[TowerTalk] Great Circle Mapping Freeware

Roger L. Elowitz K2JAS@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 18:48:22 -0400

Hi Guys,

I just came from the ARRL FTP web site and found the Great Circle Mapping
freeware program located at this URL:

http://oak.oakland.edu/pub/hamradio/arrl/bbs/programs/

When you you get there you can download the file called:   GCMWIN21.ZIP

According to some data there I found this information:

GCMWIN21.ZIP   720,933   07/26/96  Great Circle Map Software
Dwnlds: 44      DL Time  00:12:38

So, it looks like it takes 12+ minutes to download and its an over 700K file
but I have no idea what speed modem that relates to.  Probably at 9600 baud
it will bring you into the next century.... if you computer doesn't crash
first.  The hornets, moles and the grubs will probably get you first.

Good Luck

Roger, K2JAS

BTW, I'm really new to this downloading software business so I really can't
help anyone who's having problems... yet.  I'll be a lot smarter next
week.... if the Chinese food doesn't kill me firest.  See... the first thing
that goes is the spelllling.  But it keeps the bugs away.

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm