[TowerTalk] C4SXL at Low Height

Tom Osborne w7why@mail.coos.or.us
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 01:00:45 +0900

> In a message dated 97-06-23 20:09:42 EDT, caconway@evansville.net (Casey
> Conway) writes:
>

> >  1. The optimum height for the C4SXL should be at least 70 feet.  If I
> >  only put it up 40-50 feet will the performance be so minimal that I
> >  would have better luck with my Butternut vertical ?

Hi Casey.  You will have a great time even if your beam is only 30 or 40
feet.  I have a home-brew 3 element yagi for 20 and a home-brew 2 el.
yagi for 15 on a 30 foot tower. I have never had any problems working
anything I can hear.  I'm at 297 worked now.  I have also won 3 or 4
contests in my section.  Higher is better, but go as high as you can and
ENJOY. 73

Tom W7WHY

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm