[TowerTalk] Tower Complaints & backhoes

Lee Buller k0wa@southwind.net
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 22:51:24 -0500 (CDT)

>Hi Lee,
>
>Backfilling is just what I did on mine. And formming the tie down
>points.
>
>But then when the truck filled everything to where it should be,
>he still had 2 1/2 yds on!!
>
>He brought about 9 1/2 yds instead of the 7 I ordered. So out came
>most of the forms and in went the cement!
>
>Even poured a flat spot for something....just don't know what yet!
>
>But I only paid for what I ordered, so can't complain.
>
>Oh, the other thing was time.....I found out one eve that I would
>be able to pour the next pm! So did what I could as fast as I
>could and still get at least as much as needed!
>
>Wound up with about 9 yds for the two towers. (The little one only
>has one yd base and no guys.....it's 30' and tied to the building).
>
>cul,
>
>Ron, KU7Y

When I order concrete...I won't take anymore than I need.  If they load on
more, that is the problem of the batch plant superintendant.  They can't
dumped it in my back yard either....the EPA and our city gives out fines for
that stuff.

I know our ready-mix plant makes sure they don't bring out a lot over the
amount that was ordered.  I am surprised in the the current state of EPA
laws and rules that they would bring so much overage.

Besides...concrete work is to hard.  That is why I are a college graduette.....

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm