[TowerTalk] The Moment of Truth

Frank T. Brady ftbrady@cosmoslink.net
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 05:46:58 -0700

Dick,
 You didn't mention Force 12 once - they stand alone in durability per pound
of weight and square foot of wind load.  If I were you I would have a
serious chat with Tom at Force 12.

 Besides, I'd like to hear a 'public' debate over the best Tribander -
taking into account the tower and rotator costs imposed by the 'battleship'
approach to durability.

 Furthermore, I wonder why you are not considering a free standing Trylon
Titan as I have?

 They cost less
 They carry more
 They are very pleasing to look at

 The Titan T500-72 handles 45 and 22 sq ft at 70 and 85 mph respectively.

 My thoughts always come back to Force 12 and Trylon.  I rejected crank-ups
when I realized that the only crank up built for the job is the HDX572MDPL
(and its $5000+ cost was more than my whole Ham budget).  Forget about
chaining your life to a wind gauge - don't take on all that extra worry and
maintenance (AND have the antenna(s) you want).

 Good luck (to BOTH of us)

 73,
 Frank - W0ECS

 PS -I've abandoned my recent dalliance with guyed Rohn towers and returned
to Trylon.

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm