[TowerTalk] 'permanent' email addr / NCJ topic

Frank T. Brady ftbrady@cosmoslink.net
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 08:59:12 -0700

My apologies up front for this off-topic rule violation (but my PS may get
me off the hook).

When I move to my new QTH (August 1) I will, once again, be selecting a new
internet provider and changing my email address.  That is, unless something
has been developed to eliminate this annoying email disadvantage.

Is there a way I can get a 'permanent' address (and still have the
convenience, flexibility, and economy of getting on the net via a provider).

I know I've heard of some kind of service where you register and get a
'vanity' address (W0ECS@nice.guy.com or whatever) - then, when you change to
a different provider, you send in an 'address change request' which matches
your 'permanent' address with the new address from the new provider.

Anyone out there actually doing something like this?

Thanks,
 Frank - W0ECS

PS - on the NCJ back issue topic:
I also wish someone would go to the trouble of transcribing back issues of
popular journals onto web sites - but I'm even more interested in how this
sort of thing can be accomplished professionally and paid for by the web
accesses.  Is there anything in the works to make these sites capable of
charging those who want access?  It sure would be useful if an access could
somehow be billed to your telephone (like a 900 call) - something has to
happen to provide an incentive to people to add new services to the net.

Just feeling conversational this morning.

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm