[TowerTalk] Cushcraft 40-2CD mods

Effinger SH (Sam) at MSXSOPC SE060676@shellus.com
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 12:43:43 -0500

I am installing the mods from W6QHS article on my 40-2CD 40 meter beam
and have a few questions.

-  to secure the reinforcing sections of tubing I drilled and tapped a
hole to install a 6/32 ss screw.  Should I have used a rivet ??

-  I plan on using ss steel hose clamps when connecting the feed line to
the driven elements .  To do this I am wondering if I will effectively
shorten the
driven elements since I will have to put the feed line connections
outboard of the center insulator?

-  If I change the feed point connections I am thinking of maching (the
guys in the machine shop will)  a piece of Garolite the same diamater
but longer to add
some mechanical strength??  this isn't important it's just an idea..

I am using the boom from an old 204ba so I won't bothr with the boom
mods.

Thanks for reading this and for any comments...

Sam K9SD

It's hot in the midwest  almost 100 with 80% humidity...just right for
antenna
work..
Sam Effinger
SIET- Utilities