[TowerTalk] How Important is F/B?

Barry Kutner w2up@bellatlantic.net
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 11:29:17 +0000

On 27 Jun 97, Bill Turner <wrt@eskimo.com> wrote:

><><><><><>
> I question whether you have a "runnable" frequency by simply nulling
> out someone on the backside.  YOU may no longer hear them, but the
> folks you're trying to talk to still hear them (and you) just fine.
> To make matters worse, now neither you nor he knows you're QRMing each
> other.  All either of you knows is no one is coming back to you.
> Better to find a REALLY clear frequency, front AND back.

I can always hear when there's another station on my freq. The W1s or
W4s may be weak on backscatter, but their audible. If you can't hear
them, then you can't hear the weaker DX calling you either.

I call recall last year's CQWW CW where I was running EU at about
150/hr, and some K4 came on my freq. I just kept going with little
rate change. Took him an hour to go away...
73 Barry

--
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@bellatlantic.net
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com