[TowerTalk] Beam Recommendation Wanted

Tom Osborne w7why@mail.coos.or.us
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 15:58:48 +0900

Larry McDavid wrote:

> I've just joined this reflector and would like to ask for a
> recommendation for a tri-band beam to fit within a constrained turning
> radius.
>
> I need to maintain a turning radius of about 16 feet to clear a property
> line. The Cushcraft A3S and the Hy-Gain TH3 do this. These are very old
> design beams. Is there anything better today that meets, or comes
>close to the 16-foot turning radius?

Hi Larry.  Don't sell the Cushcraft A-3S short.  I had one up for many
years and it was a very good antenna.  I was like you, looking for
something small, kind of a compromise.  When I put the A-3 up I was very
well surprised and pleased on its performance.  There have been a lot of
them on DX-peditions that did a very good job. I finally replaced it with
a couple of mono-banders when the cycle bottomed out.  73 and have fun
Tom W7WHY

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm