[TowerTalk] ONV Safety Belt Query

Barry Kutner w2up@bellatlantic.net
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 13:44:23 +0000

On 27 Jun 97, Bill Long <wlong@wmdc.edu> wrote:

> The use of the GH lanyards is obvious when one is working around at the
> tower top, but they are a bit cumbersome to manipulate on the ascent or
> descent.  Would someone who knows send me a description of proper tower
> ascent/descent procedure?  Does one use the one of the GH lanyards?  Two?
> Neither, ascending/descending untethered?
>
> I'd appreciate any response that can help to keep me safer.

I use an ONV safety belt, and rather than gorilla hooks, got a second
lanyard that I place AROUND the tower (Rohn 45) when climbing and
decending. I feel more comfortable this way, and less
clipping/unclipping than with the hooks.

--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@bellatlantic.net
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm