[TowerTalk] Bolt trivia

Keith Morehouse - W9RM blckhole@ripco.com
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 16:53:07 +0000

K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

> I also install the bolts on 25G and 45G facing in.  I don't think
> there's an engineering reason why that's a bad idea.  I don't think
> it's a matter of strength, just practicality.

During my last 45G install, I decided to do it ALL "by the book",
including orienting the bolts like they say in the "book".

The first section joint had the bolts "out".  After getting gouged
several times before the next section was even up, I said "the he** with
THIS" and went back to the more typical practice of "nuts in".

I doubt there is much of a diff on tubular leg towers and keeping all
your skin when climbing is a plus...

PROBE ELECTRONICS 100 Higgins Road, Park Ridge IL 60068 USA
Keith J. Morehouse /  W9RM  / Society of Midwest Contesters
847-696-2828  FAX: 847-698-2045  e-mail: blckhole@ripco.com