[TowerTalk] Force Magnum 2/2 or 3/3

Michael Lamb n7ml@theglobal.net
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 23:34:49 -0700

Dave, as you may know, I have been using stacks of the Force-12 antennas for over two years now.  Almost two years ago we had the biggest wind storm ever recorded in our valley...... some amateur wx stns reported 120 mph!  I was outside at the peak looking up at my stack of 3 EF-340D monobanders.  The elements were blowing back so that the ends were literally parallel with the boom. I thought to myself that it was the end of those antennas, but when it was all over, the elements popped back into shape and looked nearly like new.  I have only had a few times of light icing, so nothing worth talking about.  I suspect they will do equally well in icing condx. They have gone through more 80 mph front storms than I would begin to remember and no problems.

73, Mike