[TowerTalk] RE: Using Silicone Grease

Steve Maki steve@oakcom.com
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 00:15:33 -0500

>Has anyone tried that stuff called "Stuf" that's sold by AES, HRO, etc. as a
>coax connector filler/sealant?  Sounds like you use it just like you would
>use the silicone grease others have been mentioning (fills any voids that
>water might enter).
>
>Thanks & 73
>JC,k0hps@amsat.org

Yep, I've been using it for a few years both in CATV systems and my
ham feedlines.

I haven't found any negatives yet.

"Stuf" is white and is formulated with Teflon.  It is a little thinner
in consistency than silicone grease.  It supposedly has slightly better
dielectric properties, which should be an advantage in wide bandwidth,
long run, many connector CATV, but at HF either compound should do the job.
--
Steve Maki K8LX
steve@oakcom.com