[TowerTalk] Connectors and the weatherproofing -Reply

JC Smith JC_Smith@designlink.com
25 Mar 1997 00:58:13 GMT

>Be wary of the shrink-wrap stuff on RF connectors.  I have read (but
>have no personal experience with) that some of this is not RF-friendly,
>and causes strange SWR bumps.  Maybe someone else on the reflector
>can go into more detail.

Doesn't make sense.  How can something on the outside of the shield cause SWR
bumps?  Also, why would Times Microwave (the LMR cable folks) and others sell
the stuff if it screwed up the impedance of their cable?

JC,k0hps@amsat.org