[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 with 4 (not 3) guys

John Brosnahan broz@csn.net
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 21:33:57 -0700 (MST)

>>    Rohn's books show 4 guys on their fold-over 25/45's, with two
>>guys on one leg and one each on the other's ??????????????
>>
>Not true. The guys actually hook to the hinge mechanism that has
>two points near two legs and two more points near the single leg.
>See drawing  D770034 r4 for details of the hinge and closer examination
>of the guying plan bears this out. Also, I was up on one Sunday.

K8Joe"Palooka"

Of course you are correct in the detailed sense--the two guys can't connect
directly to one leg or they would be in the way of the lever arm.  But they
connect
to an assembly that connects to the legs in the same way that a guy
bracket connects to the legs and the guy wires connect to the guy bracket.

Point is that you can use four guy wires with two going (essentially) to
one leg and the other two going (essentially) to separate legs.  I always
prefer guy brackets to direct leg connections.

I haven't been up on one for years, not since I sold mine and got
serious about putting up real towers (even this statement isn't entirely
true since I helped install K9AN's tiltover tower a year or two ago--but I
said it for whatever humorous little digs one can make about
sub-100 ft towers!  HI).

Thanks for correcting the details.

73  John  W0UN

John Brosnahan