FW: [TowerTalk] Log Periodic stacking

Dick Weber dickrts@texoma.net
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 17:42:19 -0600

Reply --

I know that AA6TT had stacked LPs on a rotating tower at one time. He has moved to a new QTH and I don't know if he's put it back up. You might contact him.

73,

Dick, K5IU

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with stacking of
log-periodic antennas such as the Cushcraft ASL-2010 or Tennadyne
models. If so, how does this affect the swr curve compared to a single
antenna? I am also wondering which would be more effective, 2 or more
smaller logs or one of the larger ones such as the 14 element Hy-Gain. I
have heard about optimum mounting height for monoband antennas but is
there such a thing for a multiband antenna covering 20 thru 10 meters?
Steve KG8TX