[TowerTalk] Hillside installation

w2xx@cloud9.net w2xx@cloud9.net
Fri, 2 May 1997 13:04:25 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings:

One of the details in my forthcoming installation is that the
property I own is on the side of a hill. Obviously, this will
tend to shorten the uphill guys and lengthen the downhill guys.
How do I determine what the variation should be from the standard
Rohn flat ground installation?

Seems to me that that simple algebra I forgot to study in my youth
would pay off here :-)

I need a surveyor to update and certify my survey to the town
(condition of variance) showing the proposed and "as-built"
location of the tower. I suppose the surveyor should know
how to determine the proper lengths from the base to maintain
the critical guy angle to the top of the tower...he seems to
be confused and wants to charge me $85/hr to come out and
shoot measurements (I LOVE NY!). There must be some way I can
reduce his "bite."

73, J.P. W2XX

J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX  (fdba AA2DU)
E-mail:  w2xx@cloud9.net

As we say in the software business:  "You are hosed."