[TowerTalk] vhf quagi antenna

Scott Bullock twoway@scoden.ma.ultranet.com
Fri, 2 May 1997 23:06:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all, since there seems to be alot of antenna gurus here, thought this
would be a good place to ask this question. I am building a 2 meter quagi
antenna to put on my roof tower for use with packetcluster station, and I
have the article in 1986 ARRL handbook page 33-25, which is for an 8 element
antenna. I only want to build it with 5 elements-(8 elements too long).
Here is the question: Can I use the existing listed element spacings for the
directors even though i'm only using 5 elements?

r-de=21"
de-d1=15 3/4"
d1-d2=33"
d2-d3=17 1/2"
All other directive elements are 26.1" spacing.

I also realize that I have to change these spacings shorter for proper
gain/directivity for higher resonant frequency-original antenna design for
144.5 mhz.

Also, anybody know any PE's in Massachusetts that are hams that can do a
certification stamp for tower drawings??

Thanks all in advance,
Scott, KA1CLX

p.s. no limericks apply. :)