FW: [TowerTalk] DCU-1

Steve Weisbrod steve@gamecash.com
Sat, 3 May 97 19:00:00 -0600

 ----------
From:  Steve Weisbrod
Sent:  Friday, May 02, 1997 1:59 PM
To:  'towertalk@contesting.com'; Bill Fisher - W4AN
Subject:  RE: [TowerTalk] DCU-1

 It seems to address some of the issues I have seen on the reflector
about the TX-2 rotor. It slows down before stoping by pulseing the motor
drive. It has a built in delay for the brake. It also starts off in the
reverse direction first then goes in the direction desired. I assume this
is to unstick a stuck brake.It also has a pass through 232 port. So it
can be controlled from my Log Windows program. With two serial ports I
can still control my rig,packet tnc and rotor!
You just click on a packet spot and the rig changes to that freq and the
rotor turns to that heading! It also looks real cool.  I've just mounted
it on my new tower but it is not operational yet.

73 Steve W8GAZ