[TowerTalk] Re: Nicopress guywire fittings

Stan Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Fri, 9 May 1997 02:47:53 -0700 (PDT)

>This may not be the proper place for this, but I am looking for a source
>for nicopress fittings for tower guywire, and as well the swaging tool to
>set them. Anybody know where these animals can be found?

Why certainly!  Just go down to your local logging supply place . . . well,
that's where I went, and there they were.

There is a place in Portland, OR called "West Coast Wire Rope and Rigging"
and they have wire rope in bulk as well as nicropress fittings of all sizes.
Seems they use them a lot on rigging cranes with new cables.  Can't remember
exactly where I got my installation tool, but I do remember it was about
$180 and that was about 20 years ago.  I would look in the Yellow Pages for
a crane rigger and see where they get their fittings.  Ask the fittings
supplier where you can get an installation tool.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com