[TowerTalk] Boost Rotor voltage?

alsopb@vance.net alsopb@vance.net
Fri, 9 May 1997 08:38:12 -0500

Thanks all for the responses on this issue.

Many guys has used a 6.3 to 12v transformed mounted in the shack to
boost the rotor voltage at the rotor terminals to nominal.  It works
just fine.   The key seems to be knowing how much is enough.

If we only knew the nominal current required by the rotor, it would be
an easy matter to just keep adding a few volts at a time till the
current reaches nominal.  My feeling is that if one adds even 3 volts
extra (6.3 volt xfmr CT), there will be a significant increase in the
torque.

I think this is a cost effective way of taking care of the situation
where the towers grew, moved a bit further away from the house and one
does not desire to spend the extra $50 (or more) for a new run of cable.

73 de Brian/K3KO
Vance Net Inc
End Of Message