[TowerTalk] Texas Towers

Steve Bookout sbookout@mnsinc.com
Mon, 19 May 1997 17:27:30 -0400

Bill Fisher - W4AN wrote:

> > I wonder why Texas Towers put those great advertisments and such a lousy
> > service. Once they hang up on me after noticing my accent.
>
> I think it's all in who you talk to over there.  I recently received an
> email from the owner of the company (Gerald) who was very concerned about
> a note I posted on the reflector concerning his company.  The bottom line
> is (I believe) that he has one or two problem children over there
> answering the phone.
>
> Last week I placed an order with Gerald and everything went smoothly
> other than the order shipping two days after I placed it and not being
> told.  I have been told by other friends that Neal is "the guy" to talk
> to over there.
>
> Like they... It's not what you know, it's who you know.
>
> 73
>
> Bill, W4AN
>
> --

Maybe so, Bill, but the bottom line is it's driving customers away.  I
was given some needless petty crap over the phone when I wanted to order
some tubing.  Not much of a purchase, but I needed to do some repairs.
Now, it will be a 'cold day in Hates' before I buy anything there.

That is why, Bill, I try to give customer service 'above and beyond',
cuz I hate when it's lousey.

73 de Steve, NJ4F
The DX4WIN guy