[TowerTalk] Ham-II control box meter bulb

alsopb@vance.net alsopb@vance.net
Tue, 20 May 1997 09:28:54 -0500

WB>> Charlie Ocker wrote:
WB>> >
WB>> > Hey gang,
WB>> >
WB>> > Looking for a replacement meter bulb for my Ham-II control box.  Looks l
WB>> > #47, but not sure.
WB>> >
WB>> > Tnx es 73,
WB>> >
WB>> > Charlie  N9CO   ocker@chasind.com
WB>

WB>The bulb is a #1819, a 28V lamp.  Radio Shack carries them.

Actually, the bulb required needs to put out more light than the Radio
Shack #1819 does.  The 1819 is too low a current bulb (and hence too
dim) but it's what's readily available.  To solve this problem, I simply
bought another bayonett socket from radio shack and wired another socket
in parallel.  With two #1819 bulbs in parallel you can position them to
more uniformly illuminate the meter.  Light output is quite acceptable.

Works great!

73 de Brian/K3KO

to:   INT:wb8zrl@soli.inav.net
cc:   INT:towertalk@contesting.com