[TowerTalk] exporting EZNEC descriptions (summary)

Pete Soper psoper@donedeal.encore.com
Thu, 22 May 1997 10:09:59 -0400

I had an EZNEC model and I wanted to get the wire dimensions out to an ASCII
file so I could feed them into an NEC dec without typing in all the numbers.

Pete N4ZR suggested using the Windows clipboard. He was kind enough to
give me a .PIF file to use with EZNEC so it will run under Windows 3.1 properly
and I was able to put a 'screen at a time' of wire descriptions up, hit 'print
screen' and copy the data to the clipboard. From the clipboard it's just a
matter of saving the text to a file.

Stephen K0SD suggested piping EZNEC's printer output from one PC's serial port
to another PC running a comm program to capture the characters, then do a
"print description" on the first PC.

LB W4RNL pointed out that the EZNEC4/EZNEC Pro combination of programs supports
saving a model as an NEC card deck so with that software this is a non-issue.

Another person (sorry, lost your msg) wrote that the "version 2.0 EZNEC"
may have new export features and was either shown or described at Dayton. I
checked W7EL's Web site (http://www.teleport.com/~w7el/) but there is no
mention of a new version of EZNEC yet.

Regards,
Pete