[TowerTalk] Frozen Element Segments

Roger rcook@hiwaay.net
Mon, 26 May 1997 00:01:16 -0700

Dale Martin wrote:

> Recently, the Johnson Space Center ARC repeater (146.04/64)
> exhibited a high SWR condition.
>
> We determined the problem to be in the antenna and since the
> antenna (G7-144) was about 10 years old, decided to pop for a
> new one and use the old one, once fixed, as a backup.
>snip

Hello Dale,
 We had a like problem with the same antenna. Dale check for continuety
from one end of the white element to the other, on all elements if you
have continuety on each, chances are that they are ok , put rtv in the
hole and drill another hole in the other end. The G7 is a fine antenna
we have run 2 of them for many years.
73 Roger,KO4O