[TowerTalk] The Old Concord Battle:

Doug Westover westover@sneezy.sri.com
Tue, 27 May 1997 16:46:26 -0700

Joe...

Sorry to hear the outcome of your struggle with the bureaucrats and I can
certainly understand your reluctance to persue the issue after all the time,
money and effort you've expended. On the other hand, though I'm not a lawyer,
it is my understanding that PRB-1 REQUIRES that the city accomodate your
requirements for a "reasonable" (or some other such word) antenna system.
It was my understanding that you had hired an attorney and primed him with
PRB-1 literature and that the City Attorney was at least aware of PRB-1.
It seems to me that on this basis alone your very modest request should
have been granted!

Give it another shot...find a lawyer who's a HAM, wave PRB-1 in their
faces, rant and rave and yell "I'll sue!!" I would suspect they would
back down. And, for heavens sake, go in asking for the world (well, maybe
not a 100' tower) so there is some compromise "wiggle room" so everyone
can save face and come out ahead...don't ask for the bare minimum!

I know there are a number of lawyers on here and on the "ham law"
reflector who could probably point you in the direction of someone
suitable close to you.

Best of luck & 73,
Doug W6JD