[TowerTalk] Is this pipe or mast

John Brosnahan broz@csn.net
Wed, 28 May 1997 18:18:46 -0600 (MDT)

>Pipe is round and tubing is square .....   what a mess.....Hi
>He almost ordered square tubing the first time

If your salesman thinks tubing is only square get another saleman.

Pipe is pipe, and
Tubing can be round or square

Call Kilsby-Roberts in the nearest large city and ask for 
their book  "Tubing and Pipe Stock List"--lots of good technical

You might also want to get their book "Aluminum Tube, Pipe, Rod, and Bar"

They should be free if you can make some sort of commercial
connection (call from work).

And 4130 is only half of the answer--you then need to specify the 
heat treatment.

gl es 73  John  W0UN

FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
Submissions:              towertalk@contesting.com
Administrative requests:  towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-towertalk@contesting.com
Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm