[TowerTalk] Texas Tornados and Kansas Towers

Lee Buller k0wa@southwind.net
Thu, 29 May 1997 08:55:51 -0500

Guys and Gals...

Did you see the newspaper and TV pics from the Texas tornados?  The only
thing that was left was the slab the house was sitting on.  In some cases,
reports indicate that even the asphalt on the street was sucked up.
Terrible storm.

Are there any reports of what happened to hams in the area of a tornador and
what anyone has experienced?  What has happened to towers when hit by a
tornado.  I guess I have some morbid curiosity here.  I think it was W5UN,
and I don't think I have the call right, that got hit by one several years
ago.  Took out his super-duper moon bounce array.

I am interested in what happens because I live in Tornado alley myself.
Last Sunday, I was spotting for RACES and the NWS and saw one form about 1/4
mile away,  I've seen these things many times and I have seen the damage to
buildings, but not to towers and antennas.

Comments anyone?

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net

Search:			  http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm