[TowerTalk] Cushcraft X-9 & X-7 HF beams missing data

morel morel@shani.net
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 19:36:35 +-200

In the october issue of "QST" a new  Cushcraft beam generation
can be seen. Unfortunately, many of high interest data are not
shown ( like gain and front/back ratio ).

For those without browsing capabilities, I'm posting here more
tech specs as figured in their home page.

No details are given on the 2-el for 40m option ( dimmensions
after upgrade or performance ).

For any possible censor: be sure I'm not related to Cushcraft, I
only try to help those subscribers with only e-mail services.

73 de Morel, 4X1AD

                      SPECIFICATIONS
                                                            X9
                                                                                      X7
   Frequency Coverage (Meters)
                                                     10, 15, 20
                                                                                10, 15, 20
  Total number of Elements
  Maximum Gain (dB) 20M
                                                13.0@14 degrees
                                                                           12.5@14 degrees
  @ One Wavelength 15M
                                               13.9 @ 12 degrees
                                                                           13.0 @ 12 deg
                               10M
                                                14.0@ 15 degrees
                                                                           12.9@14 degrees
  Maximum Front to Back Ratio (dB)
  Number of Elements per Band
  VSWR Minimum
                                                         1.1:1
                                                                                       1.1:1
  VSWR 1.5:1 Bandwidth (KHz) 20M
                                               15M
                                                10M
  Longest Element, ft (m)
                                                  36.5 (11.1)
                                                                                      37.2 (11.3)
  Turning Radius, ft (m)
                                                   21.7  (6.6)
                                                                                       20.0 (6.1)
  Boom Length, ft (m)
                                                   28 (8.53)
                                                                                        18 (5.49)
  Boom Diameter, in (cm)
                                                  2-1/2 (6.35)
                                                                                       2-1/2 (6.35)
  Maximum Mast Diameter OD, in (cm)
                                                   2-1/2 (6.35)
                                                                                       2-1/2 (6.35)
  Maximum Wind Survival, mph (kph)
                                                   >100 (>161)
                                                                                       >100 (>161)
  Maximum Wind Surface Area, sq. ft. (sq. m)
                                                       9.9 (.92)
                                                                                           7.9 (.73)
  Windload @ 80 mph, lb (kg)
                                                      255 (116)