[TowerTalk] Force 12 and stuff

Mike Fatchett mike@mallardcove.com
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 08:54:43 -0700

First off, Chris It is unfortunate what happened to you.  I have had
nothing but great customer service from Tom and Force 12.

In my many years of contesting, I have found that trying to put up big
antennas right before contests are a mistake.  This year the antenna farm
was up working and tested in August.  My suggestion to everyone would be to
get your antennas up long before the contest or DX season.  You will
eliminate a lot of mental anguish and can concentrate on other station
issues.

There is nothing worse than having to climb towers and working hard right
before a big effort.  Give yourself plenty of room for problems like Chris
had.  Missing parts will happen with every manufacturer.  I know I worked
at HRO-Denver for years.  This does not even touch on the troubles you may
face on the tower.

Good luck to all.

Mike
W0MU

Mike Fatchett, Parker, Colorado

W0MU
Old calls: NI0E  KC0FW  WD0GXR  VP2KBU  V47M

mike@mallardcove.com