[TowerTalk] Low Cost Top Loaded Vertical

Frank T. Brady ftbrady@le.klever.net
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 06:56:52 -0800

Tom (N4KG) wrote (in part):

>Low Cost Top Loaded Vertical   de   N4KG
>
>Top loading the Radio Shack "push-up" mast sounds good to me.
>They make 3, 4,& 5 section versions, up to 48 ft., just PUSH them up!

Tom, et al,

 I would sure like to know about any and all sources of masts that are
higher than the Radio Shack 36ft steel telescoping job that I've used for
several years now.

 Several local Radio Shack outlets (and their headquarters) told me only
last week that they do not sell any masts higher than 36ft.  About a year
ago, I learned from a QSO that Channel Master in Virginia manufactures
5-section 50ft steel telescoping masts.  They are 16 guage throughout,
whereas the Radio Shack 36 footers are 18 guage except for the first 16
guage section.

 I made Radio Shack aware of the Channel Master masts, but they refused to
order them for me (even though I'm sure that Channel Master is the mfr. for
their 36 footers).

 The best deal I've been able to find on the Channel Master 50 footers is a
minimum order of three (at 60$ each, that is a savings of about $18 each)
plus $45 s/h and CA sales tax - totaling about $250 for three masts or $310
for four.

 This note is FYI for Towertalkians AND a request to let me know of any
other sources or better deals.

 73,
 Frank T. Brady - W0ECS
 Wildomar CA (near Lake Elsinore)