[TowerTalk] Link Coupler tutorial

L. B. Cebik cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 08:16:50 -0500 (EST)

As promised, I have placed a trial draft of a link coupler tutorial at the
site.  It is listed under a new subdivision on transmission lines and
impedance matching to make it easier to find.

The 5 parts go from basic inductive coupling principles through the input
side, the output side, reactive loads, to components and construction.
This is all background material for understanding the coupler--not for
finding those scarce parts.  I'll be happy to compile information anyone
would care to send me on finding parts, but do not have the time at
present to make all of the dealer inquiries myself.

Likewise, the series works only with air wound inductors.  The wherefors
of magnetic core designs will have to wait.

I hope the information is useful to some.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    (Off)(423) 974-7215
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---     (Hm) (423) 938-6335
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /      (FAX)(423) 974-3509
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||              cebik@utk.edu